MHSAA STATE SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016
TUPELO AQUATIC CENTER
SPONSORED BY: Tupelo High School
LOCATION: Tupelo Aquatic Center, 692 N. Veterans Blvd., Tupelo, MS 38804, 662.840.3768
- Registration Information Form must be EMAILED to Merrie Hughes at email@example.com by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 at 5:00 pm. Please fill out the form in its entirety and return via email in PDF form.
- Only those listed on the roster will be allowed on the pool deck.
- For schools with 12 qualified swimmers or less, you are allowed 1 coach on the pool deck.
- For schools with more than 12 qualified swimmers, you are allowed 1 additional coach per 12 swimmers.
- Bus Drivers are not allowed on the pool deck unless they are part of the coaching staff and meet the criteria for coach/swimmer ratio per team.
- Fees are waived for coaches and bus drivers.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 SCHEDULE:
- 45 minute warm up sessions will be available from 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm.
- To reserve lane space you must email Merrie Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 @ 5:00 pm.
- Warm up lanes will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tupelo Aquatic Center closes on Friday at 6:30 pm.
- Teams are strongly encouraged to check in on Friday and pay meet fees and pick up Coaches packets between 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm at Tupelo Aquatic Center.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29 SCHEDULE:
- Check-in Session 1: 6:45 am – 7:15 am
- Warm Up Session 1: 7:15 am – 8:00 am
- Check in Session 2: 7:15 am – 7:45 am
- Warm Up Session 2: 8:00 am – 8:45 am
- Officials Meeting: 8:00 am
- Doors open to General Public: 8:00 am
- Coaches Meeting: 8:45 am
- PRELIMINARY COMPETITION BEGINS AT 9:00 am
FINALS WARM UPS WILL BEGIN THREE HOURS AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF MORNING PRELIMS. THERE WILL BE ONE 45-MINUTE WARM UP SESSION PRIOR TO THE START OF FINALS.
ENTRY FEES: $10.00 per swimmer
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO TUPELO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS. CHECKS MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO WARM UP ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 OR TO THE MEET ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29. DO NOT MAIL CHECKS TO TUPELO HIGH SCHOOL. YOU MUST BRING THEM WITH YOU. RECEIPTS WILL BE PROVIDED IF NECESSARY.
- Entries will be based upon the results of the North/South Half Meets.
- The top 6 from the North, the top 6 from the South and the next fastest 4 swimmers from either North or South meet will advance to the State Meet.
- All athletes must have State qualifying times to advance.
- A list of qualifiers will be identified by the MHSAA and posted on the MHSAA website.
- Contact MHSAA for any questions/concerns regarding athlete qualification at com or 601.926.6400.
SATURDAY CHECK-IN INFORMATION:
- Teams in the Session 1 warm up may begin checking in between 6:45 am – 7:15 am.
- Teams in the Session 2 warm up may begin checking in between 7:15 am – 7:45 am.
- Please advise if your team will not be arriving until Saturday morning so warm up times can be adjusted accordingly. You may do this by EMAILING Merrie Hughes at email@example.com by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 at 5:00 pm.
- Teams who have checked in on Friday will enter the facility prior to their designated warm up time through the FRONT DOORS of the Aquatic Center.
- Teams who check in on Saturday morning will check in at the glass doors on the NORTH END of the Aquatic Center. Prior to entry ONE coach must report to the check in table to pay meet fees and pick up Coaches packets.
- TEAMS MUST ENTER TOGETHER. ATHLETES MAY NOT ENTER INDIVIDUALLY.
- No athlete or coach will be allowed on the pool deck without a badge. No athlete will be given a badge if they are not listed on the team roster.
- Coaches will receive coaches badges, athlete badges, warm up schedules and lane assignments in their Coaches packets.
TEAM SEATING: Seating will be assigned and will be listed in Coaches packets. The seating priority will be based on overall team standings by Class in the 2015 State Meet.
TIMERS: Teams will be assigned lanes to time for Prelims based on size. Tupelo High School will provide timers for Finals. Lane timing assignments will be emailed to coaches no later than WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26 at 5:00 pm.
- CLASS I will swim PRELIMS in the SOUTH END of the Competition pool.
- CLASS II will swim PRELIMS in the NORTH END of the Competition pool.
- FINALS will be in the NORTH END of the Competition pool, alternating classes by Events.
- This is a Prelim/Final Meet.
- National Federation of High School Association Swimming rules will be observed.
- The top 6 swimmers for North Half, the top 6 swimmers for South Half plus the next 4 fastest swimmers from either meet will swim at the State Meet.
- These 16 swimmers will be identified by the MHSAA.
- The top 8 swimmers from each Preliminary event will make it back to Finals.
LIMIT OF EVENTS:
- Each swimmer may enter a maximum of four (4) events, no more than two of which may be individual events.
- Each team may enter up to four (4) swimmers in an individual event and one team in a relay event.
SEEDING: All events will be seeded according to times from North/South State Meets
SCORING: The top 8 swimmers will score.
- Only 4 swimmers from each team are allowed to score in each event.
- Only 1 relay from each team is allowed to score in each relay event.
- Team trophies for First and Second place, Women & Men, Class I & II
- Medallions for top three finishers in each event, Women & Men, Class I & II.
- Medals will be awarded underneath the South Scoreboard.
FACILITY: Indoor 8 lane (M) 16 lane (Y), 50 meter by 25 yard competition pool. The competition venue for short course has two eight lane courses, minimum width 8.5’. The competition depth ranges from 5’ to 12.5’. The short course yard pool setup includes up to 16 lanes, six-inch Competitor lane lines, 5 feet minimum depth with one removable bulkhead. Equipment includes Paragon Track Start Competitor blocks. Continuous warm down area will be provided. Timing for both pools will be run on Colorado Time System 6, Colorado Aquagrip Pads, Colorado System Full Matrix LED Scoreboard and HY-TEK Meet Manager.
GENERAL ADMISSION: $10.00 per person
Doors for General Admission will open at 8:00 am.
In accordance with the MHSAA, swimmers who did not qualify for the State Meet must purchase a ticket to enter. They will be expected to sit in the spectator stands and will not be allowed on the pool deck. This does not apply to qualifying relay alternates who were listed on entry forms for the North/South Half Meets.
CONCESSIONS: Concessions will be for sale. No food, drinks or coolers may be brought in by teams or spectators.
HEAT SHEETS: Heat sheets will be for sale.
HOSPITALITY: Hospitality will be provided by the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau for all coaches, officials and bus drivers.
- Team registration information must be received by EMAILING Merrie Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 at 5:00 pm. Registration form (found on MHSAA website) must be filled out completely returned via email in PDF form. Email confirmation will be sent by MONDAY, OCTOBER 23. Please use a spam-friendly email address! It is each school’s responsibility to enter their team in the State Meet.
- Qualifiers for the State Meet will be posted on the MHSAA website. Questions regarding an athlete’s qualification, times, alternate status, etc. MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE MHSAA.
- All Athletes must be listed on each team’s roster for North/South Half Qualifying Meets in order to be eligible to participate (if qualified) in the State Meet.
- To expedite check in, teams are strongly encouraged to check in on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 between 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. If you do not plan on warming up on Friday, you still may come by the pool to check in and pick up Coaches packets and pay meet fees.
- PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ENTRY FEES. You must bring them with you to the meet. Checks payable to TUPELO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS.
- For schools who have 12 qualified swimmers or less on team roster, you are allowed 1 coach.
- For schools who have more than 12 qualified swimmers on team roster, you are allowed 1 additional coach per 12 swimmers.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
1 Girls 200 Medley Relay
2 Boys 200 Medley Relay
3 Girls 200 Yard Freestyle
4 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle
5 Girls 200 Yard Individual Medley
6 Boys 200 Yard Individual Medley
7 Girls 50 Freestyle
8 Boys 50 Freestyle
9 Girls 100 Yard Butterfly
10 Boys 100 Yard Butterfly
11 Girls 100 Yard Freestyle
12 Boys 100 Yard Freestyle
13 Girls 500 Yard Freestyle
14 Boys 500 Yard Freestyle
15 Girls 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
16 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
17 Girls 100 Yard Backstroke
18 Boys 100 Yard Backstroke
19 Girls 100 Yard Breaststroke
20 Boys 100 Yard Breaststroke
21 Girls 400 Yard Freestyle Relay
22 Boys 400 Yard Freestyle Relay
Awards for each event/class will be presented under the South Scoreboard following each Finals Event.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
- The Aquatic Center is equipped with permanent upstairs seating for 900 spectators. No folding chairs will be allowed inside the facility. Wi-Fi is available inside the Aquatic Center on a limited basis.
- Absolutely no saving seats or roping off areas in the spectator seating. First come, first serve.
- All spectators must enter through the Front Doors of the Aquatic Center. Entry fees are required. $10.00 per person.
- Spectators will not be allowed to enter the Aquatic Center until 8:00 am on Saturday, October 29. Only coaches, athletes, bus drivers, meet officials, security, meet volunteers, medical volunteers and Aquatic Center staff will be allowed to enter the facility prior to 8:00 am, designated by the appropriate badge/credentials or official uniform.
- No coolers, food or drinks may be brought inside he Aquatic Center by teams or spectators.
- No parents or spectators are allowed on the pool deck at any time unless they are timing or officiating.
- No glass is allowed inside the Aquatic Center. This includes glass bottles, coffee mugs, plates, etc.
- Athletes are only allowed in the locker rooms! Public restrooms are located in the lobby of the Aquatic Center. Family Restrooms are also available.
- Team Banners may be placed on the stadium railing using plastic zip ties. Please place them so they fall below the railing, as not to obstruct the view through the railing. This keeps the view clear for everyone.
- Taping posters, banners or signs on any surface of the Aquatic Center is prohibited.
- Please only park in designated parking spaces. Parking on the grass or curbs is prohibited.
- No leaning or loitering on the stadium railing overlooking the pool.
- Buses will have designated parking in the north end of the parking lot.